Monday, September 19, 2016

Vera Bradley Coupon: MORNING ROUTINES OF SUCCESSFUL WOMEN

Morning routine: Sherry
Eight out of the twelve members of our executive committee at Vera Bradley are women. Ahem, who runs the world? It’s no surprise that we admire women who shatter glass ceilings and break stereotypes in the work place, but now we want to know how they do it. In search of the secrets of Superwoman, we’re studying highly successful females and how they spend the first few hours of the day. Take out your schedules; you’re going to want to write this down.
Sherry, Sr. Director of Design in Product Development and resident fashionista, is known around the office for her keen business sense and killer shoe game. Sherry oversees the Trend, Print, CAD, Design and Color teams at Vera Bradley – a total #girlboss. Her favorite part of the job is collaborating with teams and presenting ideas to internal cross-functional partners. Sherry is a busy woman, but we caught her by the coffee bar long enough to ask her about the habits she follows in the morning to set her up for a successful day in the office.
Morning routine: Sherry
“My alarm goes off at 6:30 a.m. – I try my best not to hit snooze. The first thing I do is read emails on my phone… Terrible habit, I know! It’s just to make sure that nothing urgent needs to happen for the day.
Then, I make coffee and have breakfast – usually a banana. As I’m getting ready for the day, I check with my hubby to see what’s happening in the world. He is always reading the news on his phone and he talks to me while I select my outfit – my favorite part of the morning!
My cat, Calvin, is always with me while I put on my makeup, purring up a storm. I use the Large Blush and Brush Makeup Case to store all of my cosmetic essentials. I love the separate compartments it has for my brushes and the extra organization it offers.
Morning routine: Sherry
The last thing I do before I walk out the door is brush my teeth, look in the mirror and repeat the mantra I try to follow every day: ‘think and be positive!’ I grab my work bag – the Canyon Tote – checking to make sure my laptop is securely inside and then head into the colorful world of Vera Bradley.
Morning routine: Sherry
We were interrupted by a buzz from her phone and the reminder of another meeting. She gathered her things and started to walk away, not without turning around to give us her advice for every one striving to grow a career:
“BE OPEN TO OPPORTUNITIES. BE POSITIVE. TRAVEL TO BROADEN YOUR MIND AND EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NEW. WORK HARD NO MATTER WHAT THE TASK. HELP OTHERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.”
And with that, she was off – her pink Valentinos tapping the tune of her departure.
Morning routine: Sherry
We love looking into the lives of those that inspire us, some say it’s nosey, we prefer curious. Stay connected with us as we give more glimpses into the morning routines of other successful women next month. If you’re still hungry to see more hustle – take a look at how seven female leaders spend their first hour at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment